We send a more detailed instructions and tips sheet with
your order but here are some basics:
- Always store your frosting sheet in the plastic bag
until you are ready to use it. Store at room temperature and DO NOT
refrigerate your unused sheet. Your sheet can be stored at room
temperature, in the plastic bag, for up to a year!
- Have your iced cake ready. Buttercream Icing:
Buttercream icing is the best. Your frosting/icing should not be dry
or have a skin. If frosting becomes dry, airbrush a fine mist of
water over it before applying your frosting sheet. Whipped Cream
Frosting: You should apply the image as close to serving time as
possible due to the high water content. Colors may run and the image
may fade if you put it on too soon. Ice Cream Cake:
Mist the surface of the ice cream with milk or let it soften a little bit
before applying the image. Chocolate: Sheets can also
be applied to the surface of melted chocolate and candy melts.
- If you are cutting out the image then do this using
very sharp scissors BEFORE you peel the frosting sheet away from the
- Frosting sheet should peel easily from the backing
sheet. If you have difficulty, then put in the freezer for ONLY
5-10 seconds and it should come right off.
- Lay the printed frosting sheet on top of your cake by
holding the ends and applying the middle first and then the ends.
Gently pat to remove any wrinkles.
- It will take about 20-30 minutes for the image to melt
into the frosting.
- Add border, text, or any decoration of your choice to
Eat and Enjoy!